Watt’s Up: “I Know God Can Heal The Sick!”
Power Verse: “And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well...” - Psalm 55:16
This week we will be discussing healing with your children. Healing is something many have decided doesn’t exist anymore in the world today. We want your children to understand, healing is for today and God can heal them and those they love!!!
Begin by asking your children some questions....
· What is healing?
· What does it mean to be healed?
· Who can heal you? Take time talking to children about healing: what it is and why God want us to be healed. Here are some scriptures to help you: “... for I am the Lord, who heals you.” - Exodus 15:26 “O Lord, my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.” - Psalm 30:2 “Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your disease.” - Psalm 103:2-3 Scripture tells us God can heal us!
Discuss these questions with your kids:
· When was the last time you were sick? (Remind them how much they just wanted to feel better and that God can and may have miraculously healed them)
· Who else do you know that is sick?
· Why do you think God would want to heal them and us? Take time together as a family to pray for people you know who need healing - grandmas, grandpas, friends, anyone who may need a touch from God. Give your children a chance to respond and pray with you!
Together, this week, spend time together as a family looking through the New Testament and finding stories about God’s healing power. Let your kids read and learn that God is a mighty Healer!
Posted on Tue, November 20, 2012
by Timothy Hill