"I Must Give God Total Control!"
"No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other..." - Matthew 6:24
To Start this weeks devotion, start by reading the Power Verse (above).
Questions to ask you children:
- Does anybody know what this scripture means?
- How would you define a “master”?
- What was Jesus trying to tell us?
Spend some time explaining this scripture to your children. Helping them understand that Jesus was saying He wants “all” of us, that nothing else can be more important then Him!
Ask your children:
- What are some things that are important to you?
- Are those things more important then Jesus?
- How can we be sure that Jesus stays #1 in our lives and not something else?
Spend time with each of your kids making a list of the things that are important to them… Friends, sports, money, etc. Then talk about how they can be sure to keep Jesus above everything else. Afterwards, spend time praying as a family that you will keep Jesus as #1 in your family.
Make a chart or list of things you can do as a family to help Jesus be the most important thing in your lives. (example: Reading from the bible every night together, getting involved in a ministry, etc.) As a family work through this list to help Jesus be the center of your lives!
Posted on Tue, May 28, 2013
by Tim Hill